Thursday, February 2, 2012

What every new parent needs....

A text conversation between Ben and I today:

Suz: "I just had a protein shake and getting pizza for lunch :)"
Ben: "Great! You keep our baby fed :) PS I set up a baby registry on Amazon."
Suz: "Nice! You're so involved."
Ben: "I know :) I read books about pregnancy, too."

(He really has been super excited and involved with this pregnancy.  He often reads from the Father's parenting book he got earlier, and usually suggests when we listen to the baby's heart beat on our dopplar.)

I came home today eager to see the registry he'd set up... I mean, that's so proactive! 

It has 1 item. 



 I find this so hilarious, and so BEN! I have no trouble seeing the track his mind was on when added this...
"Hmm... that's pretty cool.  And useful.  
We'll need one of those.  Better register for it now so I don't forget." 

I'll make sure our baby has a crib, diapers, clothes, bath wash, pacifiers, etc. 

He'll make sure he/she has a place to sleep when we go camping. 

And we're covered. 


6 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Ben sounds amazing.

    (p.s. SO HAPPY I can leave comments again! I'm not sure what was up with my computer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny! i've never seen that kind of pod but i am sure it is absolutely necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny thing about stuff like this is how excited he will get when someone actually buys that for you. Cory's day was made when we got a blow up rubber ducky that quacks. Because a regular baby tub just wouldnt do....
    Also, like Cecelia, I can finally leave regular comments again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of those joys of parenting that no one tells you about, the husbands/fathers are HILARIOUS. And darlin' this is just the beginning! I can't wait to see what he comes up with as it gets closer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that's awesome!! It's funny how the male mind thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, that's really funny, but that thing is awesome. we have one and it saved us the summer Cailin was born. its PERFECT for the beach. you gotta get it!!!

    ReplyDelete

We want to hear your comments, but have updated our comment settings due to a high number of spam messages. We hope you understand and still take the time to share your thoughts!