This dish is so amazing that I just had to find a way to vegetarian-ify it. And yes, folks, it can be done!
- 1 pkg. soy crumbles (or 1 lb. of ground beef... if you're into that stuff...)
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 mozzarella sticks, cut in thirds.
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Mix together well and shape into tennis ball-sized balls.
- Push two pieces of mozzarella sticks side-by-side into the balls.
- Cover sticks completely
- Bake at 350 for 40 mins.
- 15 mins. before meatballs finish, add spaghetti sauce to the pan
I admit that I was pretty nervous about this recipe, but they were amazing! Ben ate four for dinner!
Seriously, you have to try these meatballs. Meat or no meat, they just can't be beat :)