It's taken 4 weeks for him to get used to it enough to sit for a few mins without crying.
* We went to the pediatrician 3 times in 2 weeks. Once was an emergency sick call because we noticed a red blurb on the white of one eye. We were told it was a normal, harmless symptom of birth that will go away on it's own after waiting over 2 hours at their office to see the Dr. on duty one Saturday.
* We took him for a walk in the Botanical Gardens park. It was our first outing using his stroller/ car seat combo we were given by friends, and it took Ben, an engineer, a good 10-15 mins to figure out how to set up the stroller!
* When trying to get used to carrying the diaper bag as a purse I took it into a store while Ben had Whit in the car. He drove Whit around a little while because he was fussy with a dirty diaper but I had all the changing tools. Note to self: Leave the diaper bag with the baby!
* Ben and I both huddle over him when we put him to sleep in his crib to make sure his eyes are going to stay closed. Does it really take 2 people to do that?
* The pediatrician told us to wake him up to eat every 3 hours. He is OFTEN so asleep it takes a while of this to wake him up...
* Ben was "geyser" peed on twice while still in the hospital, I have been peed on twice in one day, and we both watched him projectile poop (I didn't know babies did that!) in the middle of a diaper change. We are now VERY careful about how we change him!
* Ben rigged a laundry basket and our mailing scale to keep up with Whit's weight gain. We were waiting eagerly for him to get to 8 lbs so we could officially use our front carrier!
* Ben wears him in the front carrier during his lunch breaks and at night while he does things around the house. Have you ever seen this:
* Newborns are so much fun to play with! I wonder if he'll ever forgive us for these things...
This is the cutest video ever!!