Monday, January 11, 2010

The Plan

Ben and I both like geocaching, but we've never been together. He bought a special iPhone app which downloads caches in your area, and we made a date to test it out Saturday morning. At the last minute I had an idea to do something else, but Ben would NOT budge! He never acts like that. A couple other little things were out of the ordinary. Something was up....

We got out of the house at 11:30 am, and in the car Ben told me we were heading to the RiverWalk to search for caches. He pretended like he'd never been there before; checking his GPS, almost missing the turn-off, etc. We finally got there and he pulls out the geocaching app and shows me how it checks the coordinates and gives you a compass to follow. (He had even gone through the trouble to submit a fake cache to the general website so the app would look more real, but the site administrator wouldn't approve it even after he said he needed it for a proposal!)

He said we were looking for an amo can hidden in the large rocks which seperate the walking path from the Congaree River. He'd convinced me that he had never been here and nothing was planned, so I went ahead and really focused on finding that cache. I was looking under rocks, towards the woods, everywhere!

He finally turned me back toward the rocks and I noticed a large, green, lunchbox-looking thing out in the open at the end of a large rock jutting into the water (I guess I didn't really know what I was supposed to be looking for all along).

I handed him the camera we brought along and said, "Maybe that box is what we are looking for! Here-- take a picture of me opening it just in case and we can blog it later." I walked out, sat down, opened the lid, and found it filled with yellow flowers.



I asked him to pose for these pictures...


Little did I know he was pretending to pretend!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, you two!!!!!!! The ring is absolutely gorgeous and you make such a beautiful and HAPPY couple!!! Both of you deserve it, I send my happy congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

We want to hear your comments, but have updated our comment settings due to a high number of spam messages. We hope you understand and still take the time to share your thoughts!